- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Strawberry Sauce (see below)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, plus whole berries for serving
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Pound cake (store-bought or homemade Cream Pound Cake) and whipped cream, for serving
- Beat ice cream in a bowl just until softened. Fold in 3/4 cup sauce, leaving streaks. Transfer to a loaf pan; cover with plastic wrap. Freeze at least 2 hours and up to 2 weeks.
- Toss strawberries with sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes.
- Slice cake 1/2 inch thick, then cut out 2 1/2-inch rounds with a cookie cutter. Place 2 scoops of ice cream in each serving glass. Add a pound-cake round, more sauce, and some sliced-strawberry mixture. Top with another scoop of ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, and a whole berry; serve.
Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Stir together berries, sugar, salt, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, mashing with a potato masher and stirring frequently. Cook at a low boil, stirring more frequently as mixture thickens, until sauce clings to a spoon, about 10 minutes. Skim foam from top. Let cool completely.
For more yummy recipes visit – MARTHASTEWART.COM