- 1 (16-ounce) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2/3 cup (about 10 ounces) frozen whole strawberries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest 4 firm, ripe pears
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- To make Strawberry Relish, in microwave, heat cranberry sauce in large Pyrex bowl for 2 minutes on high power, or heat in saucepan over low heat until warm. Stir in strawberries, pecans, ginger and orange zest. Keep warm.
- Peel pears; cut in half. With spoon, scoop out seeds and enough flesh to make a large cavity.
- Place pears on baking sheet, cut side up, and brush with butter. Turn pears over and brush with butter again.
- Place under broiler until pears start to brown; turn pears over with spatula and broil cut sides until they start to brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Fill cavity of each pear half with 1/4 cup Strawberry Relish.
Nutritional Information Nutrition Information Per Serving:
204 calories; 7 g fat; 4 mg cholesterol; 14 mg sodium; 38 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber; 1 g protein Makes 8 servings
Brought to you by the – California Strawberry Comission